Monday, October 8, 2012

Day 8: Sense of Accomplishment: A Fun Armoire



Just joining in?  Read the entire series {HERE}.

Happy Monday!  Hope you had a productive, stress-free weekend!

It's true that all of yesterday I worked on my white cabinets project.  It's lookin' good but I'm not quite ready to show it to you yet--just a couple more things to go.

As I was working on these cabinets, as expected-- a number of other little projects surfaced.  I have been an organizing, productive machine!  It's feels good.

I did finish a little project that I didn't even know 2 days ago was going to be a project, but hey sometimes it's best like that.  Do you ever start a project and get side-tracked and end up getting something else done instead?


We used to have an old desktop computer with all of the components in a computer armoire in our basement.  We got rid of the computer about 2 years ago, but kept the armoire to hold the printer, paper, and our DVD and CD collections.  The large, main section of the armoire was only holding the printer and there was tons of wasted space.




The other day I showed you our board games that used to be stored in the white cabinets.


My daughter also had games in her bedroom closet.  I decided to combine all of the games in our house (after deciding to donate a few) and put them in the armoire.  I moved some shelves around in there that were adjustable, decorated the inside panels of the upper doors, and moved the printer to the bottom where is was less of the focal point.  Look!






My new obsession with paper tape (from Target) framed the door panels as well as the edges of the shelves in the armoire.

This armoire may someday be painted, but for right now, it has a new life as our game/music/movie/printer armoire.  I'm lovin' how it turned out!  I love that we can find any game or movie that we want to play or watch so easily!  And the printer is easily accessible with the paper basket on top which is much neater than before.

What piece of furniture or item in your home is wasted space and can be converted for another use?  How can organizing it and/or making it useful make you less stressed?

Linking up to:
Brassy Apple: Make it Monday
Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Not Just a Housewife
A Thoughtful Place
Savvy Southern Style

0 comments:

Post a Comment