Saturday, August 18, 2012

DIY Jewelry Organization--Muffin Tins


I have to admit my jewelry is a mess.  I have been using that little jewelry drawer that is at the top of our dresser since we've had our bedroom furniture.  It's lined with velvet, is shallow, and has plenty of space to store a lot of jewelry. And a lot of mess!  Nothing in my jewelry drawer is worth much, just sentimental.




Plenty of space, yes, but unless you have a way to organize it, you can end up with a jumbled mess, like me.

I have organized this drawer many times.  The problem is, when I am looking for something, or taking my jewelry off at night, I am in a hurry and just put it wherever.  Guilty.  In the morning I have to frantically look for the match to my earring or un-jumble bracelets to get to the one I want.  Because the spaces in the containers I have in there are so large, little things like earrings and bracelets get lost in the heap.

I saw somewhere on Pinterest that you could use a muffin tin to store small pieces of jewelry.  Genius!
Since I use our muffin tins and don't have extra, I decided to go to Big Lots.   I figured a mini-muffin tin would be perfect for earrings and flexible bracelets.   Of course, it didn't stay silver and shiny for long.  It became fun and funky with a little spray paint.




Isn't the color fun?  Then it become filled with jewels, not muffins.


They worked PERFECTLY!

I laid out my most-worn necklaces beside the tin.  I decided to get rid or donate items that were not valuable or sentimental that I did not wear or use.


If you have any muffin tins that are extra and some spray paint make yourself a handy little jewelry organizer!  These tins are not just for muffins anymore!

Sharing this project with :

Hi Sugarplum!
Positively Splendid:  Saturday Seven Party
I Heart Naptime--Sundae Scoop
Not Just a Housewife-Show Me What Ya Got
Savvy Southern Style--Wow Us Wednesdays
Tutus and Teaparties-A Pinteresting Party


0 comments:

Post a Comment